CPD - your commitment to your profession, yourself and your customers.
'Learning is a lifelong process of keeping abreast of change.' Peter F. Drucker
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is the ongoing learning you choose to undertake that helps you keep up-to-date with industry changes like legislation or the latest in industry products. This is achieved by attending industry conferences, seminars, meetings, information sessions or other CPD activities. (see page 4 of the CPD - Key to Quality booklet)
Registered Building Practitioners (RBPs) are encouraged to continue learning throughout the lifetime of their registration. Though participation in CPD is voluntary, risk their business and professionalism if they do not keep up with industry trends, business know-how and regulatory changes.
So, if you're interested in really growing your business, developing your client base and improving the quality of your work, then CPD is something you can't ignore.
What is CPD?
Continuing Professional Development are learning or interactive activities undertaken by Registered Building Practitioners (RBP) throughout the year. The activities assist you the RBP, to keep up to date with the latest technologies, products or legislative changes. Order the CPD - The Key To Quality infomation booklet below.
What are CPD Activities?
Structured or formal activities which generally involve some level of assessment
Hands-on activities such as reading, supervising or belonging to an assoicaiton
CPD Points / Hours
One hour of training equates to one CPD point. Different categories of registration earn a specific number of points in a 12 month period.
RBP Points Group
- builders, demolishers and erectors of temporary structures complete a minimum of 12 points per annum
- building surveyors, building inspectors, draftspersons and quantity surveyors complete 15 points per annum
Record your CPD activities
- Each time you attend or participate in a CPD activity write the name of the activity, along with the date, the provider's name and value of CPD points in the CPD Passport to Quality.
- If you are a member of an industry association or professional institute they can provide you with a history of the CPD activities you have attended.
- Order a CPD Passport to Quality booklet here.
Report your CPD activities
The best time to report the total CPD Points you have achieved for the year is at the time of your Registration Renewal. Use your CPD Passport to Quality booklet to remind you of the activities you have completed. Add the total points to section 4 of the Registration Renewal Notice or go directly to eToolbox and enter your points/hours on your CPD page.
Regardless of your category of registration, the benefits of CPD are clear:
- a better product
- better business practices
- a safer working environment
- fewer disputes
- and, most importantly, satisfied customers who recommend you to others!
CPD is supported by industry associations and professional institutes such as the Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors, Australian Institute of Building Surveyors, the Building Designers Association of Victoria, the Housing Industry Association and the Master Builders Association.
- Certificate: All practitioners who report their full CPD points annually receive a CPD Certificate of Completion.
- Completed CPD : Your RBP details will display a Yes against CPD if you have met the CPD points for the year. Show your clients the website as a point of difference.
- CPD Rewards Pack:
All practitioners who report their full CPD points annually recieve a Rewards Pack which includes a quotation pad and stickers for use on stationary and signage. The RBP Plus CPD logo can can be downloaded and used on your marketing material.
For further information email email@example.com or contact 1300 815 127.